Apr 27, 2010

Our Geese Friends!

Right now we are living in a condo and right behind the row of condos in front of us is the Columbia river. There is a great bike path along the river that we like to go for walks on and that is where our geese friends live!
These 3 geese are always around, sometimes there are others too, but we can usually count on seeing them, so we bought some food and like to go feed them. They got used to this really quick and now recognize us. Well, one Saturday they were surrunded by a few ducks and geese and one of them came at us with his quivering beak in the air, being the over protective mom, I headed in the opposite direction. Lorelai however thought this was great and continued to throw food out at them. So, picture me practically running pulling the wagon and 1o birds following right behind us squawking at us while a few drunk people on their yacht had a good laugh! If only there were pictures.

These videos are not quite that funny but they do show the geese following us after we finished feeding them another day and Lorelai's fearlessness as she heads straight for them on her bike and the camera shifting as I'm freaking out while Preston just laughs!

Still following us!

Most of the time they are pretty friendly and the girls just love to go visit them!

3 comments:

Kendria said...

Janet told me that the freakin' geese were chasing you and then you realized why! It was a funny story... See you soon...

Lindsey said...

Emily, I am sooo sad you moved from Boise. We just found out today we will be moving there this summer...would have been nice to have at least one familiar face!

I don't know if we are announcing it to everyone yet, but your blog is private so I figured I was safe : )

The House's said...

Lindsey, Holy Cow that's a big change of scene for you guys! We loved Boise, hopefully you'll like it! You should move into our old ward, it was such a great ward :)