Mar 8, 2008

Great Grandpa Shepherd

Today is the anniversary of grandpa Shepherd's death and for some reason I have thought a lot about him lately. I was very fortunate to have had the opportunity to get to know him towards the end of his life, I only wish Preston would have also known him. But he left us with so many great memories. I was trying to think of my favorites but there are just so many. I think closest to my heart is the memory of the rubber giraffe shaped ring I gave him that he wore on his pinky everywhere until he died. If someone asked him about it he would tell them he was engaged. I will never forget the day he pulled a butcher knife on brother Ashcroft and told him he was going to shave his beard off for him! I also enjoyed when he tried to put the moves on great grandma Smith who was from the other side of the family and she wanted nothing to do with him. There are so many great memories and so now in memory of him anyone who has a good grandpa story either write it in my comments or post it on your own blog, I know anyone who knew him has one so no excuses!

2 comments:

David & Amanda Harding said...

I wish I could have known him better. But the memory that I have of him was when my family and I went to Arizona for a trip. Emily and I went to his room to say hi and he would spit his teeth out at us. We laughed so hard. I love the memories that I do have of him. Love you so much Great Grandpa Shepherd.

Anonymous said...

your Great Grandpa sounds like he was a great guy! I like the story David and Amanda posted. I love grandpas! I hope you are having a good time in Arizona. I am returning the tag favor, tag!!